- This feature is only available to teachers on a school account.
- You can only bulk add a student to a class if they are an existing member of your school account.
- You cannot bulk add teachers to a class – only students.
The bulk upload feature allows you to easily add large numbers of students to a class in one go. It’s as easy as pie – here’s how:
- Once logged in, click on Classes in the main menu on the left hand side of your screen. (If you’re on a mobile you’ll need to click on the slatted icon in the top right hand corner of your screen to reveal the menu.)
- From your classes page, click on the name of the class you’d like to add students to.
- Click on the green + Add Student button in the top right hand corner.
- Click on the green bulk add students link in the right hand corner of the Add Students popup.
- Copy and paste the email address of the students into the bulk add students box (make sure to only enter one email per line).
- Click the green Add students button and you’re done!
Bulk add errors
If there was a problem with your bulk import, you will be notified with a red error message. If you click on this message it will reveal more detail about what has gone wrong.
Adding users in bulk can fail for the following reasons:
Students are not currently part of your school account
To add a student to a class, they have to first be added to your HSC Hub school account. If you need to add a student to your account please contact our sales team who’ll be happy to help. If you believe that this student is a member of your account, double check that there’s no spelling or formatting mistakes in the email that you entered.
Member(s) are currently part of your school account, but not as students
The email you’ve entered is a teacher, not a student. If you’d like to add a teacher to a class, you can do so by clicking the grey edit button in the top right hand corner of your class.
Student(s) do not have the required subject
The student you’ve attempted to add does not have the correct subject on their profile to be a part of this class. (For example, if you’re trying to add a student to a Biology class, they must have Biology on their profile.)
Student(s) are already in this class
You’re job’s already done for you!
Related documentation: Adding students to a class